Thursday, May 14, 2009

OMG, me+fabric R BFFs! 2 die 4

I have never met a hand-blocked fabric I didn't like but, in this case, it was lust at first sight. Above see "Plankton" by Lee Jofa, a contemporary hand-block in subtile greys, browns and beiges flashed with dull gold that rocked my world. 

OMG, me+fabric R BFFs! 2 die 4 ...+ the price 2 die from! 

The new sofa (high back shelter from Baker) is clad in the lushest of dark brown mohair velvet by Jacques Garcia and two chairs will be covered in the Suzanne Rheinstein linen paisley below and I'm looking for third fabric for another armchair. The new rug replacing the old red Afghani flat weave (shown in previous posts) is a wool and silk carpet from Kravet in Stone

Of all the hand-blocks in all the world this had to walk into my life and then, of course, I find that all the yardage has been ordered already by someone else and that it will take about a year to get some more. 

What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment