Friday, June 3, 2011

Two finds and three discs

A very short post this week, more a placeholder, than an essay. I just want to show you two discoveries I made last week: one a Frank Brangwyn etching and the other a Tibetan, hand-carved, not-quite-one-and-a-half-inches-long, bewitchingly tactile and worryingly inconspicuous, luminous, rock-crystal dorje.


I would like to discuss this because it connects with this, but because there are three herniated discs demanding I get out of this chair, I shall wait until next week.

Have a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Hello:
    We are so sorry that your health continues to be a problem.

    The Brangwyn etching is wonderful. What a discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend copious amounts of strong painkillers and hard liquor. Lots of both. As Nealy O'Hara famously said in Valley of the Dolls while gulping down a handful of pills with whiskey, "They work faster that way!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are on the mend dear Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear all, thank you!

    Reggie, you are right, the combination worked very well. Vicodin and a Manhattan - perfect, but not a long term solution, I fear. However, an edpidural this morning should bring some relief and enable me to walk again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear, it seems the problem has taken a turn for the not so good. Hope you finding some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. W.E. and home before dark, thank you. I am relatively and blessedly pain-free.

    ReplyDelete